The Berkeley Chamber understands and endorses the importance of maintaining a vibrant and diverse workplace. An essential element to our Chamber’s shared prosperity and business strength, is our ability to cultivate diverse, equitable and inclusive places to work, live and enjoy.
Communities that will win in the 21st century are ones who are able to tap into the potential of all kinds of individuals, able to create a welcoming, inclusive and equitable environment where everyone is able to bring their whole self to work, feel belonged and use their full human potential.
Our Chamber has been working for decades to close the racial disparities in jobs, income and wealth. We believe that full potential is realized when diversity, equity and inclusion are the standards upon which we strengthen and impact our businesses and communities. As an advocate for regional businesses, the Chamber – through its leadership, actions, educational programming, and community collaboration – is committed to cultivating inclusive economic opportunity for all who call our region home.
Your Chamber achieves this by:
- Cultivating a more diverse and inclusive membership, board and workforce
- Increasing awareness of the disparities in our rural communities
- Advocating for economic inclusion
- Cultivating diversity leadership by providing resources and opportunities for historically underserved populations to connect, learn and grow
- Engaging in diverse community impact
- Advocating for policies and initiatives that eliminate barriers to equitable opportunity