Among our many services that we offer employers we have a program called On-the-Job Training (OJT). This program is designed specifically to help save you the time, energy and money it takes to train a new employee. We not only help you screen potential employees for the right fit but we offer to train them while reimbursing up to 90% of the trainee’s wages during the period of time needed to complete their training.
The OJT program is funded through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), which is a federally funded program to help create a skilled and educated workforce while helping to increase employment opportunities within the region.
SC Works Trident offers a variety of other services for employers. Some of our other services include:
- Labor Market Information – Information on prevailing wages, in-demand occupations, employment and income statistics, new workforce developments and so much more.
- Recruiting and Staff Services – We can help with advertising job openings, the application process, schedule recruitment interviews as well as career fairs and can help facilitate pre-hire testing sessions throughout the tri-county region or at your offices.
- WorkKeys Testing – This is a job skills assessment system which measures real world skills and abilities that are critical to job success.
Some certifications our WIA participants can obtain include:
- SC Manufacturing Certification
- Machinist Apprenticeship
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Certification
- Truck Driver – CDL
- GED Training or High School Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Certification
- Nurse Aide (CNA)
- 280 Hour Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW