Growing your business and expanding your customer base is now more important than ever. Businesses today are constantly searching for affordable and effective marketing, networking and business development opportunities which help increase their bottom line.
Listen to this short message from Elaine Morgan, CEO:
Your investment in the Berkeley Chamber gives you access to a number of resources to help you accomplish both your personal and professional goals while keeping your business moving forward! Our member benefits are continually expanding, but below are some highlights which keep our members coming back:
Marketing Your Business
- Free company webpage on our website, which receives over 71,000 hits per month. Update your page as often as you like, post “hot deals” and even link your Chamber page to your own company website.
- Member companies are listed on our website’s member directory. Potential customers can look up your business either by your company name or business category.
- We provide members one-on-one business assistance to help analyze your marketing plan and move your business forward.
- Visitor’s and potential customers have access to our Chamber membership through our publications and Chamber website.
- Enjoy access to our member mailing list so you can directly market the benefits of your company’s products and services to fellow Chamber members. Members receive a free set of Chamber member mailing labels and have unlimited access to our member mailing listing.
- Company listing in the Berkeley County magazine – which is printed and distributed locally and nationally and available for download on our Chamber website.
- Ribbon cuttings, grand openings and groundbreaking ceremonies – we will help promote your new business or expansion! We will assist you in coordinating and planning your event. We will even take and send publicity photos to local newspapers.
- We highlight all of our new members on our facebook page and in our monthly e-newsletter, e-mailed to over 1500 people per month.
- Share your company news! Send us your press releases, new employees and company promotions and we will promote your accomplishments and good news!
- Our member2member program offers members of the Berkeley Chamber of Commerce substantial discounts at local retailers. You and your employees are entitled to exclusive member2member program discounts, including impressive deals on health insurance, dry cleaning, advertising, office supplies and printing services, just to name a few.
- Drive more traffic to your business by offering a member2member discount to fellow chamber members and their employees.
- A number of additional promotional and advertising opportunities are available, including becoming an event sponsor or being featured in one of our member spotlights (your logo and a paragraph about your business will appear on the HOME page of our website and in our e-newsletter).
Networking & Leadership Programs
- Join us for over 50 networking and business development events per year, each designed
to keep you informed on the latest topics and trends affecting businesses, including:
- Monthly area council meetings featuring experts discussing the latest business developments in legal, technology, human resources, healthcare and local, state and national initiatives – just to name a few
- Business development seminars to help keep your business informed and moving forward
- Networking luncheons and breakfasts, Legislative Forums and premier events such as our Annual Meeting and Salute To Small Business, Teacher of the Year, and Economic Forecast, featuring notable state and national guests of honor.
- Expand your business contacts by personally getting to know representatives from nearly 500 member companies, including top influential leaders representing national and international corporations and organizations.
- The most influential elected officials in the Lowcountry are involved with the Berkeley Chamber – from the city, county, state and national levels. Many attend our events on a regular basis. Get to personally know the elected officials who make decisions affecting your business and family.
- Our Emerging Leaders Network (for young professionals) and Leadership Berkeley program (for all up-and-coming business leaders) both provide members with an opportunity to be seen, get known, become involved, refine their leadership skills and expand their overall knowledge of both Berkeley County and our region.
Business Resources & Advocacy
- The Berkeley Chamber is your portal of access to seasoned experts in various areas – such as human resources, marketing, legal and accounting – to help analyze and guide your business.
- Count on the Berkeley Chamber to advocate on local, state and national platforms tackling key issues affecting your business such as EPA permitting, healthcare, and taxes, just to name a few.
- Enroll in discounted healthcare benefits & savings plans to help you compete for the region’s top talent while lowering your overhead expenses.
- The Berkeley County provides guidance to help you develop and maintain a successful business.
- We provide professional research services, including demographic and community information, maps, membership lists and personalized research assistance.
National Study Reveals Good News for Members
The Shapiro Group, and Atlanta-based market research firm, conducted a national study which revealed great news for Chamber members:
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
- Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall. It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., sits on the chamber board), consumers are 12% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 40% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from it.
Read what our members are saying!