Opening or expanding your company is one of the most significant events you will experience, and we want to celebrate this momentous occasion with you by offering your new venture all of the pomp and circumstance it deserves. Chamber members only can take advantage of the following benefits:
- We coordinate with elected officials to attend your event
- We supply the inaugural ribbon and scissors
- We take a publicity photo and send it to local media
- We will provide you with an updated address list of fellow chamber members to mail invitations
- We can provide you with guidance on how to develop a customized press release to announce your event, complete with a quote from our Chamber President.
- We can provide you with updated media contacts to announce your event
Contact Naomi Russ for more information or to schedule your grand opening/ribbon cutting.
Additionally, we recommend these helpful tips for planning your event:
- Coordinate your day and time with the Berkeley Chamber of Commerce. We will work with you to ensure your date avoids conflicting with other major community events. We will help you select a date which is convenient for area elected officials to attend.
- Be sure to plan your event two to three weeks in advance to allow plenty of time to send invitations and make follow-up phone calls.
- To ensure high attendance, in addition to the Chamber member list, be sure to invite: current clients, past clients, vendors and suppliers, all employees and their spouses, professional service providers (bankers, lawyers, architect, etc.), media, neighboring businesses.
- Create an agenda to keep on schedule. The actual program should last no more than 15 minutes. Be sure to allow time for key members of your business to speak, as well as a representative from the Chamber and local elected officials.
- Light refreshments are recommended.
- Consider conducting a drawing. This is a great way to not only collect business cards, but also create additional excitement.
- Be sure to have business cards, brochures and promotional items available for guests (i.e. pens, magnets, coffee cups, etc.).